- 1/2 cup small tapioca pearls
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup young coconut flesh, slice into thin strips
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- A pinch of salt
1. Place the water to boils, turn heat down to low. Add tapioca pearls to boiling water and gentle stirring constantly over low heat to prevent the bottom from sticking and avoid scorching. Boil until tapioca pearls becomes transparent and it will be done when it is nearly all clear (no more white balls).
2. Add sugar to taste and coconut flesh to the boiling tapioca pearls, stir and return to boil once again, remove from heat.
3. Prepare the coconut topping by mix the coconut cream and salt together in a small saucepan with over low heat, slowly to the boil until the mixture becomes thickens then remove from heat.
4. Scoop up the tapioca pudding into a dessert bowl with some of salted coconut topping and serve warm.
- White tapioca pearls can be substituted by green tapioca pearls (pandan).
- Adding a little more water if the boiling tapioca pearls very sticky.
- Add 1-2 kind of tropical fruits like sweet corn, jackfruit, cassava, taro, fresh lychees or fresh longans with the boiling tapioca pearls for creating a wonderful taste.