|Mock pomegranate seeds in coconut ice syrup|
- 1 cup water chestnuts, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 tsp red food coloring (concentrated artificial sala flavor syrup)
- ½ tapioca flour (according to need)
- ½ white sugar
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- ¾ cup water (or jasmine flavored water)
- crushed ice
1. Toss the water chestnuts well with red sala flavor syrup to obtain a pomegranate-like color (if you use the food coloring have to mix with some water). Soak for about 10 minutes. Drain.2. Put the water chestnut cubes in a large bowl, add just enough amount of tapioca flour and toss well until each cube is coat completely with the flour. Discard any excess flour.
3. Place water to a boil, put the floured water chestnuts into the boiling water, cooked until they float to the surface. Remove with a slotted spoon and drop in cold water immediately. Drain.
4. Combine the sugar and jasmine flavored water in a pot, boil over medium heat until it becomes syrupy. Add coconut milk and stir well a syrupy mixture. Remove from the heat. Leave it cool.
5. Serve an amount of mock pomegranate with a sufficient amount of coconut syrup and some crushed ice.
- Add topping with 4-6 pieces of jackfruit strips to create a wonderful taste and lovely color dessert.