|Bananas in Coconut Milk|
- 10 ripe banana
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 3 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 to 1/3 loose (not packed) cup sugar or golden brown sugar
- pinch of salt or ½ teaspoon salt
1. Peel the bananas, then slice each in half lengthwise and cut across these lengths into smaller sections - roughly 2 inches long to get 4 pieces.
2. Pour the coconut milk into a sauce pan or pot, and place over medium-high heat until it boils. Add the bananas continue stirring until it warmed through (1-2 minutes) and soft.
3. Then add sugar and salt, stirring to dissolve (about 30 seconds to 1 minute). Start by adding 1/4 cup sugar, taste-testing for sweetness and add a little more depending on desired sweetness.
4. After sugar has completely dissolved, pour the coconut cream into the pot. Then remove from the heat immediately before it boils afterwards cover and place in the refrigerator for later. This dessert is excellent served either warm or cold.
For tips: Add 8-10 fresh lychees with banana boiled for creating a wonderful taste.